This evening I got a dose of reality, ever since I can remember I’ve been sheltered by my parents to keep me from harms way, I’ve only seen rape, sexual harassment, and other related subjects on the news, on Law And Order and other crime related shows. So while walking back to my boyfriends car from a festival, about 6 to 7 “wangsters” (white trash “gangsters”) were about 2 to 3 feet behind my boyfriend and I and also a friend we met up with there (keep in mind this friend is of black ethnicity and he’s a MMA fight etc) so because they were pretty close to me I could here them talking about my ass, curves etc (btw I have an ASS, not to sound conceited or anything cause I’m really really not) saying things like “dayum she got a FAT ASS” “I’d fuck that bitch so damn hard bruh” and things like that. So because of what they were saying and how close they were to me I felt very VERY violated because I don’t enjoy being talked about like a peice of meat. Anyways feeling the need to defend myself I ask the guys to please back off because I felt uncomfortable. Within a second their response was “what chu gon’ do bitch” and then they keep on saying those inapropiate things to me. Now feeling threatned and defending me our friend whom we met up with asked them to stop as well but they started acting hard etc. And our friend politely asked them to hit him (cause let’s face it he would’ve kicked their ass) also keep in mind they were stick thin no muscle on em but they were older than us. So these “wangsters” started running up threatning to hit him but stopped as soon as they got close up to his face. While this was going on my mature boyfriend had the cops on the phone because it was the right thing to do. Long story short guys, how I’m ffeeling right now (violated, harassed, threatned, scared) only makes me wonder what real rape victims must feel like.. its unreal how terrible people are these days tbh I didn’t even realize those kind of people existed because of how sheltered I was. This was the very first time anything like this has happened to me. It opened my eyes because what if I was alone and this would’ve happened? I would’ve gotten raped.. its scary. Its sad how women in general are somettimes looked at as “toys” or “peices of meat” to some people.. this defenitly has taken a toll on my mentality. But I’m thankful for my boyfriend and friend I had with me. Ladies be cautious of your surrondings and know your weapons well. That’s all I have to say.
TUMBLR AND IT’S FUTURE IS AT STAKE HERE
SIGN AND REBLOG IF YOU WANT TO SAVE TUMBLR FROM YAHOO
Yahoo purportedly wants to incorporate its products as features of the site. I don’t know about you, but… Yahoo’s products are pretty shitty and I’d rather not be forced to use them if I want to continue using this site
- The original post only has US helplines. I've added UK helplines underneath. It would be great if people could add numbers from everywhere in the world.
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
- Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
- Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
- Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
- Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
- Child Abuse: 1-800-422-4453
- UK Helplines:
- Samaritans (for any problem): 08457909090 e-mail email@example.com
- Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem): 08001111
- Mind infoline (mental health information): 0300 123 3393 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mind legal advice (for people who need mental-health related legal advice): 0300 466 6463 email@example.com
- b-eat eating disorder support: 0845 634 14 14 (only open Mon-Fri 10.30am-8.30pm and Saturday 1pm-4.30pm) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- b-eat youthline (for under 25's with eating disorders): 08456347650 (open Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 8.30pm, Saturday 1pm-4.30pm)
- Cruse Bereavement Care: 08444779400 e-mail: email@example.com
- Frank (information and advice on drugs): 0800776600
- Drinkline: 0800 9178282
- Rape Crisis England & Wales: 0808 802 9999 1(open 2 - 2.30pm 7 - 9.30pm) e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rape Crisis Scotland: 08088 01 03 02 every day, 6pm to midnight
i waSNT EXPECTING OVER 30.
yEAH THAT’S RIGHT, PREPARE FOR THE UNEXPECTED.
PICK UP LINE HOUR IS NOW
- Me: Wears band shirts out in public in hopes that someone attractive will notice and compliment my shirt and have a conversation with me about music so we can get married.